Working languages: English
Field of work: English-language fiction and non-fiction in the humanities
Short biography: Milena Popova was born in Sofia and graduated in Bulgarian Philology from Sofia University. She has translated novels, short stories and plays, as well as texts on literature studies, politics, philosophy, art, etc. Over the past 15 years, she has also worked as an editor of both fiction and nonfiction texts in translation.
- Bronislaw Malinowski, A Scientific Theory of Culture. The Functional Theory, 2004
- Carol Shields, The Stone Diaries, 2005
- David Lodge, Home Truths, 2005
- Truman Capote, А Tree of the Night and Other Stories, 2009
- Jeffrey Eugenides, Middlesex, 2009
- Ruth Prawer Jhabvala, Heat and Dust, 2012
- David Mameth, Theatre, 2014
- Siri Hustvedt, Summer Without Men, 2014
- E. L. Doctorow, Andrew’s Brain, 2016
- Siri Hustvedt, The Blazing World, 2017
- Jeffrey Moore, The Extinction Club, 2017
Winner of the special 2017 Krastan Dyankov Translation Award.
milena_popova [at] abv.bg