Working languages: German, English, Spanish, Swedish, Hungarian.
Field of work: Poetry, short fiction, essays, as well as theological, medical and philosophic literature.
Short biography: Margarit Zhekov was born in 1963 in Haskovo, Bulgaria. A University of Sofia graduate in German Language and Literature, has specialized in Theology in Germany. Author of eight poetry collections in Bulgarian: Spelling Beauty (Hr. G. Danov Publishing, Plovdiv, 1990), Talking to My Heart (Literaturen Forum Publishing, Sofia, 1992), Heavenly Life (Literaturen Forum Publishing, Sofia, 1993), Biographical Metaphors (Literaturen Forum Publishing, Sofia, 1997), Natures (Literaturen Forum Publishing, Sofia, 2010), The Invisble Barriers (Ergo Publishing, 2011), Communions (Literaturen Forum Publishing, Sofia, 2012) and Doomed Seas (Literaturen Forum Publishing, Sofia, 2013), as well as of the book Drawing Coolness – Biblical Motives in European Poets (Ogledalo Publishing, Sofia, 2012). His poetry collection Reflexion (2011) has been published in Spanish by IMS Publishing Association in the USA. He translates from and into German and English, as well as from Spanish, Swedish and Hungarian. Member of Association of Bulgarian Writers (since 1993), Europe Literary Circle – Kapfenberg, Austria (since 2000), Bulgarian Translators’ Union (since 2006) and Bulgarian P.E.N. Center (since 2013).
- Kierkegaard Dances Freedom (2013, bilingual edition: Bulgarian-English, translated from Bulgarian) by Theodor Hristov;
- Nomade auf vier Kontinenten (2009) and Der Weltensammler (2007) by Ilija Trojanow;
- The Medical Advisor (2006, participation),
- Mädchen. 1000 Fragen, alle Antworten (2004) by Gaby Schuster,
- Twenty Days in Bulgaria. Poems (2002, participation) by Gyula Illyés.
- Svetlostruy National Prize for poetry in 1993 for his book Talking to My Heart.
- Nomination for the Hristo G. Danov National Prize for translation in 2008 for Der Weltensammler by Ilija Trojanow.
- E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org