Working languages: Serbian, Croatian, Russian
Field of work: Fiction
Short biography: Zhela Georgieva has graduated Slavic philology (South Slavic languages and literatures and Russian language and literature). She has worked as specialist, editor and publisher at the National Library “St.St. Cyril and Methodius”, at Radio Sofia, the national broadcasting company, and at the Otechestvo Publishing House. For ten years she was Editor-in-Chief of Panorama Publishers and of Panorama Quarterly, both divisions of the Bulgarian Translators’ Union and both specialized in translated literature.
- Ivo Andric. The Bridge of the Drina. Uniskorp Publ. Sofia, 2010; 2 edition – 2016
- Borislav Pekic. The Man who Ate Death. Uniskorp Publ. Sofia, 2010
- Dragoslav Mihailovic. When Pumpkins Blossomed. Novel and selected stories. Hristo G. Danov Publishing House, Plovdiv, 1982; 2 edition – Stigmati,Sofia,2009
- Dragoslav Mihailovic. Petriya’s Wreath. Novel. Narodna Kultura Publishing House, Sofia, NOLIT- Belgrade, 1985; 2 edition – Stigmati, Sofia, 2009
- Danilo Kish. Encyclopedia of the Dead. Stigmati Publishing House, Sofia, 2000
- Danilo Kish. The Lute and the Scars. Fama Publishing House, Sofia, 2012
- Meša Selimović. The Death and the Dervish. Novel. Black Flamingo Publ. Sofia, 2012
- Goran Petrovic. Smalltalk Place “Lucky Shot” . Novel. Stigmati Publishing House, Sofia. 2004
- Goran Petrovic. Close One and other stories. Balkani Publishing House, Sofia, 2005
- Goran Petrovic. Sky-Locked Atlas Novel.Stigmati Publishing House, Sofia, 2007
- Goran Petrovic. Differences. Stories. Stigmati Publishing House, Sofia, 2011
- Milorad Pavic. The Internal Side of Wind. Kolibri Publishing House, Sofia, 2007
- Milorad Pavic. Second body. Kolibri Publ. House, Sofia,2009
- Miroslav Popovic. Fates. Novel. Stigmati Publishing House, Sofia, 2007
- Bora Stankovic. Impure Blood. Novel. Vodolei Publishing House, Sofia, 19
- Dubravka Ugreshic. Culture of Lying. Anti-Political Essays. Stigmati Publishing House, Sofia.1999
- Dubravka Ugreshic. American Dictionary. Essays. Stigmati Publishing House, Sofia. 1999
- Dubravka Ugreshic. Forcing of the River Novel. Novel. Stigmati Publishing House, Sofia. 2002
- Dubravka Ugreshic. Museum of Unconditional Surrender. Novel. Stigmati Publishing House, Sofia, 2004
- Antun Sholyan. Short Excursion. Novel. Narodna Kultura Publishing House, Sofia,1981
- Ranko Marinkovic. Arms. Stories and novelettes. Narodna Kultura Publishing House, Sofia, 1978
- Ivo Breshan. Acting Hamlet in the Village of Mrdusa Donja; The Death of the House maniger. Stageplays. Series Theater.
- Predrag Matvejevic. Mediteranski brevijar. Kolibri Publ. House. Sofia, 2009
- Velko Barbieri. Epitaph of the Imperial Gourmet. Faber Publishing House. Veliko Tarnovo, 2010
- Milenko Jergovic. Buick Rivera. Panorama Publ. House. Sofia, 2011
- Igor Stiks. Eliah’s Chair. Panorama Publ. Sofia, 2013
About 15 Books from Russian Writers, including Vladimir Korolenko, Konstantin Fedin, Leonid Leonov, Veniamin Kaverin, Vasiliy Hazanov, Grigoriy Oster, Gayto Gazdanov.
- Zhela Georgieva’s translations have been awarded the highest national and foreign literary Prizes.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 02–898-86–89; 0876–51-79–78