Working languages: Spanish
Field of work: Literature
Short biography: He was born in the village of Vrabevo, district of Troyan in 1941. He graduated in Spanish philology from Sofia State University “St. Kliment Ohridski”. He attended a three-year course on History of Arts in Havana University.
He worked in various spheres: In The Theater of Artistic Words in Sofia, translator at the contingent of Bulgarian specialists in Cuba, deputy editor in chief in “Bulgarian Syndicates” Magazine which is published in foreign languages, a correspondent of the newspaper “Trud” in Prague, editor at the publishing house “Enlightenment” etc. Since 2001 he has been a part-time lecturer in Spanish at Sofia University.
Apart from the Bulgarian Translators’ Union he is also a member of the Independent Bulgarian Writers Union, the Union of Bulgarian Journalists and the Bulgarian Haiku Union.
- Cervantes and Caravaggio (selection and translation from Spanish of Miguel de Cervantes’ poetry),
- ALLA („Beyond”, haiku poetry collection with works translated into Spanish by the same author-translator),
- Translations of Spanish poems published in literary journals.
Awards from international competitions for poetry and short stories
- E‑mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 02/856 2751, mobile: 0884339516